For any enquiries, please use the contact form.
Please note: Places Wild and High/Jasmin Cameron Mountain Guiding (JCMG) are used interchangeably. Full Terms and Conditions can be found here.
How to Book
- Make initial contact with Places Wild and High/Jasmin Cameron Mountain Guiding via the contact form provided here.
- We will discuss your interests and requirements and once we have reached provisional agreement on the itinerary for your day (dependent on number of clients that can be safely accommodated with regard to the number and nature of the mountain days requested), you will be sent a draft itinerary and quote.
- If you would like to make a booking based on your proposed itinerary and quote, you will be sent a booking form and medical questionnaire to complete.
- The booking form, medical questionnaire and deposit must be returned within 7 working days in order to secure the booking.
- You will be sent written confirmation that your booking has been accepted together with an invoice for the balance outstanding.
- The balance for the day must be paid 28 days in advance of your mountain day. If you are booking less than 28 days before your mountain day, the full amount becomes due immediately. Failure to pay the balance within this time period may result in the booking being terminated and no refund of the deposit being given.
- Once these formalities have been completed, you will be sent information relevant to your day (kit list, general information, recommended literature etc.).
Methods of Payment
All payments must be received in full before guiding services will be provided.
a) Cheque made payable to ‘Jasmin Cameron’.
b) BACS (direct bank transfer) – Contact JCMG for details.
c) PayPal – Contact JCMG for details.
Cancellations, Alterations and Refunds
a) If the Client cancels 7 days or less before the date of the mountain day, no refund will be made.
b) If the Client cancels between 8 and 14 days before the date of the mountain day, 25% of the full amount will be refunded.
c) If the Client cancels between 15 and 28 days before the date of the mountain day, 50% of the full amount will be refunded.
d) If the Client cancels 29 days or more before the date of the mountain day the full payment received, less the deposit will be refunded.
e) Clients who pay their deposit but are awaiting permission from their medical provider (as per 5a below) will receive a full refund (including the deposit) if they have to cancel their booking due medical permission not being granted providing they do so at least 29 days prior to the first mountain day. Cancellations made on these grounds within 28 days will be treated according to a, b and c above.
f) While JCMG strives to offer a flexible and Client focussed service, and Clients are encouraged to request that changes are made to their agreed itinerary if it suits them, any such alterations may result in changes to the fees charged. Such alterations include, but are not limited to: changing the start point of a route; changing a route to one not previously discussed; changing the number of people in the party; and changes to the date of the mountain day.
g) JCMG reserves the right to alter the itinerary, or cancel the mountain day completely, in response to adverse weather conditions: this may be organised before the start of the mountain day or may take place on the day as weather conditions dictate. UK mountain weather conditions are extremely changeable and any decision made to alter the route before the walk commences, or while en route, will be made on the grounds of the safety of all members of the party.
h) In the event of a mountain day being cancelled due to adverse weather the Client will either be offered a full refund, less any reasonable expenses incurred by JCMG, or may rebook the mountain day.
i) If the Client rebooks another mountain day to replace a cancelled one, the price and Terms and Conditions will remain the same if it is scheduled to take place within 12 months of the original mountain day (unless changes are made to the original itinerary as per 3f above). Bookings made outwith 12 months will be considered to be a new booking and prices and Terms and Conditions may change to reflect this. The Client may be requested to submit an updated medical questionnaire if the rebooked date falls more than 28 days after the original booking (see 5e below).
j) If JCMG is unable to supply guiding services as agreed the Client is entitled to a full refund.
PLEASE NOTE: Travel and accommodation are not provided as part of this service.
Please see full Terms and Conditions.
Featured photo: Beinn Alligin viewed across Upper Loch Torridon, North West Highlands